Breaking News

Leaking Propane Tank Ignites Fire in Kihei

At 7 p.m. on Monday, Maui firefighters responded to what was initially believed to be a Christmas tree on fire on the balcony of a unit at Kihei Villages.

Upon arrival, crews discovered a fire had been extinguished on a second story balcony by residents prior to their arrival. The fire was believed to have been sparked by a leaking 5 gallon propane cylinder.

No Christmas tree was involved.

The cylinder which was still actively leaking was moved to an area away from residents and structures where the remaining propane was transferred in to a functioning tank by Hazmat team personnel.

There are no injuries to report as a result of this fire.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Two Eldorado Transit Buses Replace Maui Long-Haul Fleet Buses

With Hawaiian music and lei, two new 40-foot-long Eldorado transit buses were blessed Wednesday morning …