Breaking News

May 18, 2014 at 01:17PM

CHINATREATWatch: This is a photo of Charlie the Chihuahua and Jack, his owner. Charlie became extremely sick after eating China-made jerky flavored dog treats purchased from Walmart Kahului.

Charlie was taken off of life support this morning after spending two nights in the Kihei Veterinary Clinic. He was only 5 years old. Dr. Kehler of the Kihei Veterinary Clinic is very concerned about this case and will be performing an autopsy.

Here’s a link to an article about the jerky treats: The article claims that over 600 dogs were killed by this dog treat from china.

A friend of Jack/Charlie’s family sent this to us via email:

“We are all deeply shocked & still can’t believe this happened so quick. Charlie’s owners Jack & Pam have no child. Charlie was their lil’ baby. Charlie was perfectly happy, smart, full of life… the cutest Chihuahua till having few bites of dog treats. Please help us, they are still selling the products that killed Charlie!”

While we can’t force Walmart to take these jerky treats off their shelves, we CAN warn you about them so this doesn’t happen to your pet/family member.

PC: Aki King via Facebook Pages



About Neldon "AZD" Mamuad

Neldon "AZD" Mamuad
Neldon "AZD" Mamuad is a pioneering social media entrepreneur who created MAUIWatch to solve the problem of breaking news on Maui. He has a 10-year pedigree running successful broadcast properties on Maui. He created KJMD-FM (Da Jam 98.3) in 2002 and hosted the widely popular "Big Phat Morning Show". Neldon is a local politco, event technologist, and involved with various community organizations. He was formerly Chairman of the Maui County Liquor Control Commission in 2014.

Check Also

AMAZING FOOTAGE: Jeep vs. Parked Truck on Kansas Highway

Check out this amazing footage out of Kansas today, courtesy of CNN Headline News. After …