Malfunctioning Appliance Possible Cause of Kahului Elementary Fire

Maui Fire Department personnel responded to a structure fire at Kahului Elementary School on Friday morning.

Crews arrived following a 5:48 a.m. alarm to find a copy room with major smoke damage. No fire was present at the time.

MFD is calling the fire accidental and as being possibly caused by a malfunctioning electrical appliance.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Governor Addresses Recent COVID-19-Related Deaths, Record Number of Infections

Gov. David Ige held a news briefing Thursday, to address the recent COVID-19-related deaths and …