Now that travel to the Hawaiian Islands has reopened, thousands of visitors have made their way to our shores since it’s launch last week Thursday. State officials released this list of trusted testing partners that permit visitors to avoid quarantine, if they can provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of departure.
- AFC Urgent Care
- Carbon Health
- CityHealth Urgent Care
- CVS Health
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Kaiser Permanente (for members only)
- Quest Diagnostics
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- Vault Health
Amongst those included in this list, is Vault Health a pre-travel at home testing kit that Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines approve for Hawaii-bound travelers. But, how does the $150 per test kit work?
- The FDA EUA-authorized test uses saliva collection to determine if you’re currently COVID negative or positive.
- Each person traveling would require a test kit. You order the kit directly from Vault Health and it is shipped to your door.
- Prior to opening the test tube package you will receive step-by-step instructions via a video call.
- Once you are walked through the sample collection process (72 hours prior to departure) you utilize a prepaid shipping label to send the kit back. You should receive results within 24 hours after the kit is received.
- If your test results are negative, you will be provided with a proof of negative test document to show and access quarantine exemption upon arrival in Hawaii.
State officials say they will only allow visitor tests from “trusted testing and travel partners.”