- This event has passed.
Wailuku First Friday
February 2, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us at Wailuku First Friday (WFF) on February 2, 2018. This free family event will be held from 6-9pm on historic Market Street.
WFF will include live music and entertainment:
- Maui Thing Stage (6:30-9pm): ZuhG. – a funky Reggae jam band on tour from the West Coast
- Wailuku Banyan Tree Park (6-9pm): Natalie Nicole Band
- Kipuka Square (7-8pm): Breakdancing
- MAPA: “The Fisherman and His Wife” starring Kathy Collins – FREE performance with 6:15pm and 7:15pm showtimes at MAPA Main Warehouse (2027 Main St.)
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
- Friends of Classic Cars & Hot Rods Car Show on Market Street
- Wailuku Coffee Company: Keiki Heart Art Craft Corner & Valentine’s Art Show
- Art on Market: “Bucks for Ducks” To Benefit Women Helping Women
- Fresh Island Art Gallery: “It’s a Party” Paintings & Art by Sean Baba
And of course, great food booths and trucks, crafts and other treats!
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6-9pm, with Market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 5:30pm. Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30pm. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9pm; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9pm.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 808.281.2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaii Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kama‘aina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Young Brothers, Hawaii Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA and Connec, LLC. Check out Maui Friday Town Parties at www.MauiFridays.com for information on the County of Maui’s Office of Economic Development program, and follow us @mauifridays on Instagram and Facebook.